In Burkina Faso, Vergnet Burkina, a subsidiary of Vergnet Hydro, manages the drinking water supply infrastructures of 19 municipalities
Users, municipalities, international donors
Water supply service for inhabitants through a a Public Service Delegation (PSD) contract. Type of contract: affermage contract
VERGNET BURKINA RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operating the small piped networks and manual pumps. Supervision carried out by Vergnet Hydro.
Contracts signed since 2014. Duration: 10 years
[cq_vc_metrocarousel images=”23913,24045″ buttontype=”cycle” buttoncolor=”fg-lightOrange”]
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS :
The following services are offered through the 40 contracts presently signed with municipalities (December 2019):
- The management of 112 manual pumps and 19 drinking water networks (multi-kilometric)
- 31 solar pumping stations and 9 pumping stations with power generators
- Capacity of tanks ranging from 20 to 70 m3
- Management of a team of up to 348 caretakers (manual pumps and standpipes), 40 managers, 18 cashiers and 3 project managers
- 200 000 users
- Qualitative monitoring of water supplied
- Quantitative monitoring of the water sources.